XF 1.4 How to create date bbcode?

On our boards we use a lot of predefined replies and my staff would like a bbocode that tags current date or current date and time. Nothing dynamic that changes and displays the time.

[*checked]Date and Time of Posting[*/checked]

Something of that nature. I've been reading for a couple of hours now and either I'm not searching correct terminology or simply overlooking it. Going on 26 hours of no sleep so I'm sure its something simple.

On the upside only 1 more site to go (next weekend) and I am completely free of vBulletin. Now if I could just find someone to purchase all these useless licenses I own lol.

On our boards we use a lot of predefined replies and my staff would like a bbocode that tags current date or current date and time. Nothing dynamic that changes and displays the time.

[*checked]Date and Time of Posting[*/checked]

Something of that nature. I've been reading for a couple of hours now and either I'm not searching correct terminology or simply overlooking it. Going on 26 hours of no sleep so I'm sure its something simple.

On the upside only 1 more site to go (next weekend) and I am completely free of vBulletin. Now if I could just find someone to purchase all these useless licenses I own lol.
Hi, and welcome to the community.

So without knowing your exact flow to gain an understanding of how you would optimally like/need this to work, I assume the following...

• - you want a custom bbcode that you post [time](getStamp)[/time] and the (getStamp) gets replaced with the the current time when it was posted, like if right now [time]10/4/14 @2:28 PM [/time]
  • -once this time is set, it will not be changed on page view or even post edit, though a post edit that adds another time tag would create a time set to the current time in another instance of the bbcode within the post.
If this is correct the only thing I have to ask is where are you stuck exactly at this point with your custom bbcode?

As far as your old licenses, there are people around who buy them but I wouldn't expect much for the lot. Your best bet would probably be to google search used vbulletin license and see where people are selling them.

Top Bottom