XF 2.0 how to create custom user field in XF 2.0

KSA

Sup folks,

I would like to create a custom user field for users to choose their country and location that will appear under user info in postbit. Images of flags have already been uploaded to the server and custom field has been created in Admin CP. I understand that there is template edit but have no idea where to post the code what template exactly and what is the code.

OK, after working on it, my hosting company told me this add-on will not work with XF2.0, and since it is no longer supported by the developer, it's a dead end unless someone updates the add-on to work with xf2.0..

You dont need an add-on to have that function. Just upload the flags to the server and create a user field. The hosting company has no say over this. Its all about the resources you downloaded from here. If its XF1 its logically that it wont work on XF 2.0 as the syntax are totally different.

PM me and I will try to help you go about implementing this to the best of my capability.

I did upload the flags to the server and created a user field. I even added the code to extra-less.css and inserted code into the SQL data base. The hosting company was only making sure I did everything right. They verified I followed the instructions correctly. They were not telling me what I can or can't do. Are you running xf2.0 and are you using this same add-on? It won't work just uploading the flags and creating a user field. There's more to this add-on. Have you read the directions?

Take a look at my board

world-defense.com

Im not using any add-on. Just upload the flags create a custom field and point the right HTML and you are good to go.

I did take a look at your board. The flags displayed do NOT look at all like the flags from the add-on I am trying to install.
So, you are not using the same add-on I am trying to install.
You did not answer my question about the version of our board...Are you using xf2.0?
Where did you get this flag file?

I did take a look at your board. The flags displayed do NOT look at all like the flags from the add-on I am trying to install.
So, you are not using the same add-on I am trying to install.
You did noT answer my question about the version of our board...Are you using xf2.0?
Where did you get this flag file?

You can tell from the very face of it that my current version is XF2.0. The flags I'm using are not copyrighted. You can find the file on the internet just type countries flag gif and you will be able to download it. The add-on you are trying to install is very primitive, non compatible with XF2.0 and the flags looks ugly.

I am new to Xenforo, so I can't tell from the face of your forum that you are using xf2.0; that is why I asked.. I know the add-on I was trying to use was very primitive, but after searching, I could not find any other information for this type of add-on in the Xenforo forums. Thank you for your help. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom