XF 2.1 How to create a poll

PeteMarko

I'm sure creating a poll in my forum is not complicated, however, I cannot find any information to do so? I searched the user manual using the word 'poll" with zero results?

Long thread but no answers.

My users don't have an option to set up a Poll. I don't see a permission to allow users to set up a poll either. When I search for Poll in the ACP this is all I find.

1647733937574.png

I don't get an option to make a poll when I post.

1647734080056.png

As a Super Mod I see these options. A Register Users only see Edit Thread.

1647734317166.png

First, be sure the forum (node) that you're trying to start a poll in is set up to allow polls.

ACP > Forums > Nodes Then click the forum (node) that you want to edit. Under "Allowed thread types" confirm the box for "Polls" is checked.

1647737601217.webp

Now go to that forum (node) and start a new thread. You should now see a "Poll" tab at the top left of the message box. Click the tab and then below the message box you can type the poll question and possible responses, along with some other options.

1647737610146.webp

First, be sure the forum (node) that you're trying to start a poll in is set up to allow polls.

ACP > Forums > Nodes Then click the forum (node) that you want to edit. Under "Allowed thread types" confirm the box for "Polls" is checked.

View attachment 266166

Now go to that forum (node) and start a new thread. You should now see a "Poll" tab at the top left of the message box. Click the tab and then below the message box you can type the poll question and possible responses, along with some other options.

View attachment 266167
OldFord,
That was really easy. Thanks for your help.

Top Bottom