1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 How to completely hide Forum from Guests ?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by erich37, Jun 17, 2014.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

I do have a "Portal" as my "Homepage" (meaning: the "Forum" is not showing at the "Homepage").

Now I would like to completely hide the "Forum interface" from "Guests" (unregistered Visitors) and also completely hide the "Forum interface" from searchengines.

I have tried to do this via "User Group Permission" by revoking "View Node" for "Guests".

However it still shows the "Forum Tab" in the NavBar and it also shows the Sidebar in the "Forum List".

Is there an Addon or any other way in order to completely hide the "Forum interface" from "Guests" ?

Appreciate your help!

Many thanks!

:)

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Set the View permission to Not Set (No).

upload_2014-6-17_17-47-43.png

Some elements will still be visible, but nothing of any use.

3. erich37

thanks!

The question is rather: how do I remove the "Forum-Tab" in order to make it "nice" ?

:)

4. erich37

this actually does not work.
    when I do this.... then it also "hides" the Portal at the Homepage.... it is not just hiding the Forum itself. It is hiding the whole website.

5. Brogan

I wasn't aware you wanted that to show.

In which case, you will need to edit some of the templates and wrap them in guest conditional statements, depending on which bits you want to hide.

6. Main Company

Main Company Active Member

Are you suggesting that we set Unregistered User permissions here?

7. Brogan