How to clean mysql tables before second Import with unique ids

Kerby

Need help until tomorrow :-)

I will move my community from phpBB to xenforo. I developped my custom xenforo/style since Summer on my xenforo testinstallation. For a efficient fast move, I will just move xenforo testinstallation folder to domain root folder, where actually phpBB is. So I have to import actual phpBB Data.

Question
But I have already imported once half year ago my phpBB Data (already 1.1.3 xenforo) in my testinstallation. But I cant import twice to have unique same ids for threads, members, posts for SEO reasons in redirection rules of htaccess. And i dont want to redo my custom changes manually in a new Installation.

How can I wipe the existing Import Data to be able to do a second import and still use my custom testinstallation for the move release for my community?

Need help until tomorrow :)

I will move my community from phpBB to xenforo. I developped my custom xenforo/style since Summer on my xenforo testinstallation. For a efficient fast move, I will just move xenforo testinstallation folder to domain root folder, where actually phpBB is. So I have to import actual phpBB Data.

Question
But I have already imported once half year ago my phpBB Data (already 1.1.3 xenforo) in my testinstallation. But I cant import twice to have unique same ids for threads, members, posts for SEO reasons in redirection rules of htaccess. And i dont want to redo my custom changes manually in a new Installation.

How can I wipe the existing Import Data to be able to do a second import and still use my custom testinstallation for the move release for my community?

Export the style, Reinstall Xenforo, import style in new installation, import PHPBB.

You should import into a new installation of XF. Use your test forum as a point of reference in manually applying any custom development to the final import, as opposed to building onto your test forum and taking it live. There is no easy way to deal with the duplicate content if you import again into the same forum.

With that said, it has been done:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/import-question-second-import-over-old-one.16663/#post-311819

But it's a dirty thing to do and may cause problems later.

Thank you very much guys. I will do the clean way like recommended:
  1. export style & language
  2. second installation
  3. import style & language
  4. import phpBB
  5. install all addon's
  6. apply options/permissions of xenforo/addon's, apply custom icon's and custom codesnippets by reference of testinstallation

Top Bottom