How to check licence numbers support time (of others)

snoopy5

Hi,

I am planning to add to my existing xf licences 1 used one. There is this licence validation page from you (https://xenforo.com/api/license-lookup) to check whether that is a ligal licence of XF ad valid to transfer. This is already very good.

But how can I verify how long that licence is still valid for updates?

There is no time stamp on that validation page for that licence. Something like: "support until x/x/2016"

How can I get the information about that? It could be that the seller claims it is still long valid, but it might be in reality only a week?

Thanks in advance

o.k., thanks. I will do this then as soon as I found a seller.

But would it make it not easer/less work for you and the buyer, if that time stamp would be also visible on this licence validation page?

Take it as a suggestion for provding more information on that page....

But would it make it not easer/less work for you and the buyer, if that time stamp would be also visible on this licence validation page?

No thanks. Licence validation is used for other purposes besides transferring licences and in those cases any other information such as support time is none of the business of the person you're giving the licence validation check to.

License validation is simply for verifying (with a token, to authorised people) that a license is valid and is valid for the domain (if specified).

It isn't to supply information on the license. I wouldn't want any data on the license being shown, tbh. So yes, no thanks.

Top Bottom