1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to change the index page in XenForo?

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by typostudy, Apr 24, 2013.

1. typostudy

typostudy Member

I have installed XenForo, now the site(mysite.com) looks like:
    [​IMG]Now I want to change the index page, I want it(mysite.com) to show like below img:
    [​IMG]
    How could I do this through XenForo?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you want to change the look of the existing navbar? Or replace the index with another page? It's unclear.

3. typostudy

typostudy Member

I want to replace the index with another page, only keep the tab: "log in or sign up"

4. Jake Bunce

You could move XenForo into a subdirectory like /community, thereby freeing up the web root to host a different page at the main URL.

5. typostudy

typostudy Member

this way, index page does not belong to XenForo, is there a way that I can make index page inside XenForo through ControllerPublic? Besides index page, I also want to make other pages such as features, support...inside XenForo

6. Jake Bunce

7. typostudy

typostudy Member

Thanks. I will check it out.
    The final result, I want to see is similar like this site: http://study.biblestudyconnection.org/.
    I still want to try this way: add controllers in library/mysite/ControllerPublic/features.php(support.php...), but since I am not familar on how to use mvc, I need some suggestions on this.

8. Jake Bunce

9. typostudy

typostudy Member