1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 how to change separator bar

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Waz000000, May 7, 2016.

1. Waz000000

Waz000000 New Member

see attached image i want to increase the width as most of our members are OAP's they have trouble defining the start and end of posts and nodes etc.

Attached Files:

2. Waz000000

Waz000000 New Member

Anyone?

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Add to EXTRA.css:
    Code:
    .nodeList.sectionMain .categoryForumNodeInfo,
    .nodeList.sectionMain .forumNodeInfo,
    .nodeList.sectionMain  .pageNodeInfo,
    .nodeList.sectionMain  .linkNodeInfo
    {
        border-bottom: 5px solid orange;
    }

Adjust the styling to suit.

4. Waz000000

Waz000000 New Member

brilliant worked a treat what about the posts? separating the main posts out a bit rather than the default light blue line you can barely see.

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

6. Waz000000

Waz000000 New Member

Thanks I looked through that but for the life of me I can't find where it is.

It's the only thing I have outstanding those two items I just couldn't find.

7. Blast

Blast Active Member

Link me to the page and I'll help you out. But with how you describe it, you probably just have to include margin or relative:direction.

8. Waz000000

Waz000000 New Member

9. Blast

Blast Active Member

Is this the one you mean?
    [​IMG]

For posts, I like to only have 1 border. On your forum, you both have a border-top and a border-bottom. You can style the posts like this so they would easily know what's part of the post and what's not:
    [​IMG]

Have you considered buying a theme? A cheap but extremely aesthetic would be Flat Awesome+ from PixelExit by @Russ & @Steve F. You get S-Class support too.

Russ likes this.