XF 1.2 How to change Node Icons?

billybatz9

Hello,

Does anyone know how to change the node icons to an image of some sort?
I'd like to do custom images

Custom Node Icon (icon for Category) 1.0 addon by @vinavb seems to work good for forum nodes, it has some minor admin side nuances but it sure is a lot easier than using CSS, it doesn't work for categories, so I tried sub-forums in place of sub-categories, and that actually worked out better for me,

I found it useful while laying out the site, in the long run it might be prudent to use CSS, I don't know the pros and cons of either way

Custom Node Icon (icon for Category) 1.0 addon by @vinavb seems to work good for forum nodes, it has some minor admin side nuances but it sure is a lot easier than using CSS, it doesn't work for categories, so I tried sub-forums in place of sub-categories, and that actually worked out better for me,

I found it useful while laying out the site, in the long run it might be prudent to use CSS, I don't know the pros and cons of either way

I prefer using custom css myself but if you are wanting to add imagery to your node categories, perhaps the following guide might be useful to you? http://xenforo.com/community/resources/multi-coloured-node-li.1733/

Specifically, adding the images to categorystrips. Say for example. If you wanted to have them before the title you would add in your own node ID, Imagepath you would use the following
Code:
.node_24 .categoryStrip .categoryText {
  padding-left: 45px;
  background: url("styles/default/xenforo/icons/image24.png") no-repeat scroll right center transparent; }
Screenshot_50.webp

If you wanted it display it after the title use the following
Code:
.node_24 .categoryStrip .categoryText {
  padding-left: 45px;
  background: url("styles/default/xenforo/icons/image24.png") no-repeat scroll left center transparent; }
Screenshot_51.webp

Top Bottom