XF 1.5 How to change Home Link?

Tseren Zurganov

I downloaded xenforo a couple of days ago.

Everything's going great so far, but I'd like to change the link for button highlighted below.

upload_2016-10-7_6-33-1.webp

I'd like it to go to the forum directory (like the forums button next to it) instead of the index page of the website.

I find that it's difficult to return to the main forum page when you're in a conversation, for example.

The instructions I've been finding so far seem to be related to an older version of xen foro where the template code was different.

I'd like it to go to the forum directory (like the forums button next to it) instead of the index page of the website.

I find that it's difficult to return to the main forum page when you're in a conversation, for example.

Home Page URL ........http://yoursite.com/yourforum/

This is the URL to your home page, outside of the board. If this is left blank, 'Home' will not appear in the navigation.

How do I make the button highlighted in red redirect to 'www.website.com/forums' instead of 'www.website.com'

upload_2016-10-7_6-33-1-png.141873

Home Page URL ........http://yoursite.com/yourforum/

This is the URL to your home page, outside of the board. If this is left blank, 'Home' will not appear in the navigation.

I'm not sure if you understood my issue.

The xenforo of my website is as follows - www.website.com/forums

The index of my website is not connected to xenforo - www.website.com

Yet the 'Home' part links back to the index page if you click it.

I went to the navigation portion of the templates section in admincp could find the code for it.

What I' trying to accomplish is something like this:

upload_2016-10-9_5-25-19.webp

The forum is sherdog.net

The button highlighted redirects to their forum index (www.sherdog.com/forums) instead of their website index (www.sherdog.com).

This is not the case with my forums and I'd like to fix this issue to improve the user experience.

Okay, great- it worked!!!

But now my banner isn't hyperlinked to the home page of my website (it is instead hyperlinked to the forum index page).

I'm glad that the 'Home' section is gone but I' still prefer the banner to be hyperlinked to the home page.

Well the Home Page URL option and the Link Logo to Home Page URL pretty much work together so removing the URL links it to the forum list (or whatever is set for Route Index).

You can edit the logo_block template

Search for:
Code:
{$logoLink}

And replace it with your URL.

Top Bottom