XF 1.2 How to change character limit for thread titles?

a.tushkanov

Unlike this and this questions about how to change thread title length, i need to reduced it to 70/75 characters.
How can i do this with no problems in HTML or while editing thread titles?
Thank you.

It should be sufficient to change the maxlength of the form field:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> thread_create

In red:

Rich (BB code):
		<dl class="ctrlUnit fullWidth surplusLabel">
			<dt><label for="ctrl_title_thread_create">{xen:phrase title}:</label></dt>
			<dd><input type="text" name="title" class="textCtrl titleCtrl" id="ctrl_title_thread_create" maxlength="100" autofocus="true"
				placeholder="{xen:phrase thread_title}..."
				data-liveTitleTemplate="{xen:phrase create_thread}: <em>%s</em>" /></dd>
		</dl>

It should be sufficient to change the maxlength of the form field:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> thread_create

In red:

Rich (BB code):
        <dl class="ctrlUnit fullWidth surplusLabel">
            <dt><label for="ctrl_title_thread_create">{xen:phrase title}:</label></dt>
            <dd><input type="text" name="title" class="textCtrl titleCtrl" id="ctrl_title_thread_create" maxlength="100" autofocus="true"
                placeholder="{xen:phrase thread_title}..."
                data-liveTitleTemplate="{xen:phrase create_thread}: <em>%s</em>" /></dd>
        </dl>
Hello,

Sorry to dig up an old thread but this is the closest I could find to my question. What if I want to increase the minimum lenght. I am getting people starting threads with one words and I want to change it.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Sorry to dig up an old thread but this is the closest I could find to my question. What if I want to increase the minimum lenght. I am getting people starting threads with one words and I want to change it.

Thanks in advance

You should probably have a proper addon for this so you can extend the datawriter, do word checking, and give appropriate error messages to the user. You can post a request here:

https://xenforo.com/community/forums/resource-and-add-on-requests.68/

After making changes in "library/XenForo/DataWriter/Node.php" and "Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> thread_create" with the same value I am still getting error as "please enter a value using 100 characters or fewer after increasing title". Can you tell me why I am getting this error even after making changes in both.

error.webp

(Seeking for reply on urgent bases)

Top Bottom