• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

how to call to other add-on's method from my add-on using $this ?

I'm trying to add a custom inline mod option

@Snog helped me with this code
https://xenforo.com/community/threa...core-methods-with-addons.119132/#post-1086469

Extend the library/XenForo/Model/Post.php class and use something like this to extend the function...
Code:
public function addInlineModOptionToPost(array &$post, array $thread, array $forum, array $nodePermissions = null, array $viewingUser = null)
{
      $parentResponse = parent::addInlineModOptionToPost($post, $thread, $forum, $nodePermissions, $viewingUser)
      $parentResponse['delete_rating'] = false;

if ($this->canDeleteRating($post, $thread, $forum, $null, $nodePermissions, $viewingUser))
      {
         $parentResponse['delete_rating'] = true;
      }

return $parentResponse;
}
but when the code gets executed, I get the error
( ! ) Fatal error: Call to undefined method MyAddon_Model_Post::canDeleteRating() in /var/www/html/library/MyAddon/Model/Post.php on line 15

so the problem in this line:
Code:
if ($this->canDeleteRating($post, $thread, $forum, $null, $nodePermissions, $viewingUser))
and its looking for a method in my addon, which has defined in the original post ratings addon:
Code:
class Dark_PostRating_Model extends XenForo_Model
{
    public function canDeleteRating(array $post, array $thread, array $forum = array(), &$errorPhraseKey = '', array $nodePermissions = null, array $viewingUser = null)
    {
        $this->standardizeViewingUserReferenceForNode($thread['node_id'], $viewingUser, $nodePermissions);

if (!$viewingUser['user_id'])
        {
            $errorPhraseKey = 'login_required';
            return false;
        }
        if ($post['message_state'] != 'visible')
        {
            return false;
        }

return XenForo_Permission::hasContentPermission($nodePermissions, 'deleteRating');
    }
}

I need to run the check : "$this->canDeleteRating($post, $thread, $forum, $null, $nodePermissions, $viewingUser"
before I add the option.
Please help..

Last edited:
Make sure to set your Listener Execution order number above the one of the addon whose functions you need.
Did you mean this value?

I changed it to "11"
The main add-on has '10', but It's still giving me the same error :unsure:

Last edited:

Snog

When a class extends a main XF class, in this case XenForo_Model, it is it's own class and you would extend it. If it's using XFCP, then you would normally extend the XF class and not the add-on's class. There may be exceptions to that.