XF 1.4 How to best "clean" out old files

shorepower

Over time we have removed certain Add Ons, mainly due to the fact that these have been included in the core functionality of Xenforo.

After de-installing them I notice that still there seems be be several files left in different libraries. Are there any way to remove them besides manually going through each of them? For instance, installing a clean 1.4.1 (still we will have 2-3 add ons installed)

Also, will de-installing leave other files or instances, like templates , language etc behind even after the add on is removed?

Thanks in advance

If an add-on is coded correctly, after uninstalling all you should need to do is manually delete the files from the server, the opposite process of installing.

There isn't an automated process for it, you need to do it each time you uninstall an add-on.

Some add-ons may leave fields and tables in the database or other code, in which case you should contact the developer to inform them and for assistance.

If an add-on is coded correctly, after uninstalling all you should need to do is manually delete the files from the server, the opposite process of installing.

There isn't an automated process for it, you need to do it each time you uninstall an add-on.

Some add-ons may leave fields and tables in the database or other code, in which case you should contact the developer to inform them and for assistance.

Thx @Brogan for a fast response. I have to confess that we did not properly document which add on versions that was installed at the very beginning (bad admin mgmt, I know). Question is if I just can make a fresh installation with the add ons we currently use at our test site and just compare that file structure with our production site. Should list the unused files. Does this make sense?

Top Bottom