XF 2.2 How to automatically update user group from new member to Active member?

Sanmu

Hi, I used Xenforo almost 1 year, but I still don't understand why there is a secondary user group. And how to automatically update user group from new member to Active member or higher user groups.

For example, I find here my group title automatically updated from New member to Member.

How to set it up? Any instructions...

For example, I find here my group title automatically updated from New member to Member.
You may be confusing two different things. User titles can be based on criteria such a number of messages, reactions or points.

They are separate from the secondary user groups, which are usually used for giving or removing permissions that are set in the primary registered group.

But additionally use groups can have a banner displayed by the username, but a different thing to the user title.

User groups can be automatically applied by the promotion system, also based on activity or posting criteria.

Probably worth re checking the documentation.

Great, thank you for your explanation.

I just created a user group promotion. I find the user is moved to a secondary group based on the number of messages he posted, but his User title still has not changed from the perspective of other users. How to fix that? I want a user who has posted more than 100 messages automatically become an Active User in the forum.

P.S: Fixed by change the number of Display styling priority

1 question, user permission is based on the secondary user group(if he has), based on the most top user group, right?

Last edited:
@Brogan , Can you please tell me in our forum, what's the user group promotion rules?

For example, I was updated from "New Member" to "Member". What's rules for the next group?

How to upgrade to a "Well-known member", just for learning purposes.

Top Bottom