How to automatically hard delete deleted messages in the forum

Hi all.
In my forum I don't allow hard delete by users. So there loads of messages that are deleted. And leaving a mark of deleted messages.

I'm trying to find out if there is a Cron job settings or add-ons or basically how to hard delete all deleted messages in the forum ever so often.

Any help would be appreciated

So you allow them to soft delete and then want to run a task to hard delete?

Why not just allow them to hard delete?

Or just ignore the deleted posts - only moderators can see them.

So you allow them to soft delete and then want to run a task to hard delete?

Why not just allow them to hard delete?

Or just ignore the deleted posts - only moderators can see them.
First of all. I have my reasons.
If there is a way to hard delete after a week then would be great.
Hard delete I don't trust all users that in my forum to do it right.

Also and please understand this point.
I'm asking for help. Not sarcastic reply.
So I ask once more. Please give me some constructive feedback.

Also and please understand this point.
I'm asking for help. Not sarcastic reply.
So I ask once more. Please give me some constructive feedback.
Where do you see sarcasm in this answer? It offers you two options to solve your problem, maybe they don't suit you, but that's no reason to be brutal.

If there is a way to hard delete after a week then would be great.
Use batch update threads once a week, find deleted threads and delete them all with one click.

1677140238977.webp

Thank you. But this seems to show deleted. I want to hard delete. I don't see that that in the options
Pretty sure if it shows the soft deleted, it allows you to hard delete them then.
Or are you wanting something that you don't even have to interact with? If so, I can't see a valid reason for that. If you are going to have a hard delete occur via program and never look at those threads, then why not simply let the users perform hard deletes themself?

I'm sure there are developers out there that would gladly create you a paid bespoke add-on to do such.

I suppose I'm worried if I give hard delete right to users. They might delete other users messages out of spite. Trying to avoid that

I suppose I'm worried if I give hard delete right to users. They might delete other users messages out of spite. Trying to avoid that
Pretty sure that for posts, ALL they can delete is their own... not others.
Now, if they are the thread starter, it might delete ALL of those... but the same would happen by your auto-delete desire.

Why would you give users permission to do any kind of delete on others' posts? I would only allow to delete their own.

Hard deleting is only available for moderators isn't it? Only permission is "Hard-delete any post" under "Forum moderator permissions". So users can't hard delete only their posts (with the default permission set at least).

Top Bottom