1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 How to add image to a posting?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by rotpar, May 31, 2016.

1. rotpar

rotpar Member

Hi all,

I would like to upload an image and place it somewhere to the text I write but where can I do that= When I click on the image icon on top, it asks me for the image URL. A general user will never understand that and be sure for most of them it is a pain to upload an image to any image host first.

Is there any addon or a solution to add images in an understandable easy process for users?

2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

You can upload an image using the Upload a File button below the quick reply editor. Once it's been uploaded, it can then be inserted into the post using the Full Image or Thumbnail buttons that appear next to the image attachment.
  3. rotpar

rotpar Member

Thank you Martok.... from a user perspective, it´s quite a bit confusing, would be great if Xenforo could add this feature into the editor and not below where nobody sees it and thinks it is a kind of seperated function.
  4. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

An easier way to add images is to copy the image from the source and paste the image directly into the editor.