1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 How to add cool side buttons, and center "widgets" ? Example site.

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Blueberry Sky, Jun 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blueberry Sky

Blueberry Sky New Member

Hey guys, super excited to finally purchase this software, I was apart of a community who used it and loved the look.

I'm curious though how do I add "widgets" before the forum. For example on this site: https://www.crystal-desert.com/index.php

They have the "Crystal Desert YouTube - Highlights" widget with the video embedded I understand that. and also another one below.

"Crystal Desert WvW Score - 13 minutes until update."

I'd love to know how I could do this myself I'd appreciate help greatly.

2. TRGCommunity

TRGCommunity Active Member

Blueberry Sky likes this.
  3. Blueberry Sky

Blueberry Sky New Member

Thanks so much I really appreciate the help, I'm going to install it immediately. Thanks a lot :) heading to bed now cause it's super late hehe.

TRGCommunity likes this.
  4. TRGCommunity

No problem, glad to help :)

And welcome to XenForo :D

5. Blueberry Sky

Blueberry Sky New Member

I'm absolutely loving this add-on! I managed to add my teamspeak 3 widget on the side. I just have a question. If I want to create a widget like the one on https://www.crystal-desert.com/index.php the 2 ones above the actual forum (I just want them to show up above on the main page, not every page) would anyone know what I would use for the position? I'd really appreciate help, sorry for being a newbie.

6. TRGCommunity

If you want to display it only on the forum index, you can use forum_list as the position :)

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Further questions and support related to add-ons should be posted on the dedicated resource thread.

TRGCommunity likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.