how old are you?

So the average age is around 50.. is it normal for a server admin? Or it really means Xenforo/forum is for the older people?

animation art GIF

So the average age is around 50.. is it normal for a server admin? Or it really means Xenforo/forum is for the older people?
The variables are many and therefore it is really difficult to answer a question like this. It depends on the forum topic, not just the type of software. The new generations today are mainly on social media but it is not an irreversible choice.

before vim there was vi, before vi there was ed(it) - it worked great on a silent 700 with acoustic coupler.

1641670127812.webp

Yes - i did paper tape and punch cards and MTS (ibm 360/370 terminal environment)
but if you say that, people think you are old ;)

I'm this old.. :cool:
I'm old enough to remember connecting to CompuServe on my 1200 baud modem, back when their service was completely text-based and accessed through a terminal emulator. Years before the general public knew what the Internet was. What a foreign concept these days...paying for access by the hour....

I'm old enough to remember connecting to CompuServe on my 1200 baud modem, back when their service was completely text-based and accessed through a terminal emulator. Years before the general public knew what the Internet was. What a foreign concept these days...paying for access by the hour....
Ah, the good old days. I never actually signed up for any of those services but a buddy was on GEnie for the user group of a board wargame he played. Or have I said this already somewhere on here. I am having an attack of deja vu (happening a lot today). I did use a local BBS that included Internet email and Usenet.

Top Bottom