• More than 1.3 but less than 1.2

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • More than 1.2

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • I don't know and I find this poll nonsense

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters

imthebest

1.2: 18 HYS threads :eek: (in 2.5 months approximately)

1.3: 7 HYS threads :unsure: (in 1.5 months approximately)

1.4: 6 HYS threads so far :sneaky: (in 2 weeks!)

How many HYS threads do you think XF 1.4 will have?

1.2: 18 HYS threads :eek: (in 2.5 months approximately)

1.3: 7 HYS threads :unsure: (in 1.5 months approximately)

1.4: 6 HYS threads so far :sneaky: (in 2 weeks!)

How many HYS threads do you think XF 1.4 will have?

1.2 had big changes. 1.4 (so far) seems to just be a series of tweaks and some low profile extensions like a sitemap, online/offline status.

So I don't think there will be that many HYS or any huge announcement. Probably about 8 to 12 threads max

I hoping for at least four more. It looks like Mike will be posting a HYS thread tomorrow and then we will possibly get another video from Kier the day after. Another HYS thread on Friday would be bonus. XenForo announcing a CMS or Gallery add on would be brilliant.

So far, there doesn't seem to be that much that will require weeks of BETA releases, so it shouldn't take long to release.

Hopefully XenForo can go through the suggestions forum and reduce the list of 68 pages just a tad. :)

The Resource Manager and Enhanced Search are add-ons which had their own release schedules.

Why would you expect something like a CMS or gallery to be any different?

images

I hoping for at least four more. It looks like Mike will be posting a HYS thread tomorrow and then we will possibly get another video from Kier the day after. Another HYS thread on Friday would be bonus. XenForo announcing a CMS or Gallery add on would be brilliant.

A CMS with categories and authors is sorely needed but we have two fantastic gallery options already. Not sure what an official one would add.

The Resource Manager and Enhanced Search are add-ons which had their own release schedules.

Why would you expect something like a CMS or gallery to be any different?
Good point. Didn't realise that.

A CMS with categories and authors is sorely needed but we have two fantastic gallery options already. Not sure what an official one would add.
I think a CMS is likely within the next year. I realise an official gallery is a longshot but I think it's something XenForo will eventually be developing. Although the two current gallery add-ons look great, it would be hard to beat the years of development experience that both Kier and Mike have in the forum market; it would be interesting to see what they could come up with.

XenForo announcing a CMS

Crossing the fingers for this...A good amount of people here said: "I don't need a official CMS, a portal addon it's sufficient". But when i see the "competition" (VB, IPB) it's evident that the majority of people prefer an official and professional solution that the unofficial portal. Xenforo lacks for a solution like IP.Content. We have great official gallery addon, but we doesn't have any decent CMS here (with decent i mean an addon with you can create something like AVForums Site).

Brogan, if i remember correctly some HYS post of XF 1.2 and RM 1.0 have posted on the same week...so i hope to see a post of XF CMS in this month. But you know what are happening "behind the scenes" so with your replies i assume that we don't see any CMS in the short period...*sigh*

Crossing the fingers for this...A good amount of people here said: "I don't need a official CMS, a portal addon it's sufficient". But when i see the "competition" (VB, IPB) it's evident that the majority of people prefer an official and professional solution that the unofficial portal. Xenforo lacks for a solution like IP.Content. We have great official gallery addon, but we doesn't have any decent CMS here (with decent i mean an addon with you can create something like AVForums Site).

Fully agreed. It's easy for those who can code or afford to pay people to either code a front page or create Wordpress/Joomla bridges and then keep XenForo AND Wordpress AND the Bridge from breaking.

But some of us are running fan sites as a hobby and would appreciate a built-in front page solution with categories and authors. I was relying on XenPorta 2.0 but that's AWOL. I'm looking into the IPB CMS at the moment but I love XF software.

Top Bottom