1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long (if at all) before a VB compatible CMS is available?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Berty Bassett, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Berty Bassett

Berty Bassett New Member

As per the title, just curious as I have a large number of CMS articles on my VB site and would like to be able to port them over to a XF site (if I buy it)... However, I can't simply delete over 200 articles in the hopes that a compatible CMS comes along 'some time soon ish'.
  2. Floris

Floris Guest

I have heard no news or rumors about a CMS being created, or being in development.
  3. Saeed

Saeed Well-Known Member

You may want to have a look at XenPorta, which many of us are using as a portal.

By the way, the vBulletin importer imports all CMS articles as threads into a category you specify.
  4. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

Another way is to take a look at the CMS at www.subdreamer.com (compatible with Xenforo) and either ask them if they have an importer or do the import yourself via MySql
  5. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

You can use IP.Converge to integrate XenForo with IP.Content.
    IP.Content is far superior to vbCMS.
  6. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Based upon my own personal experience and opinion....

Besides the fact that you would 1st need to buy IPB as IP Content is not sold separately and you can't install IP Content without first installing IPB, as they also would not work separately. Then take into account (last I knew) that IP Converge isn't being further developed (last I knew).

Now assuming the extra cost, resources, and development doesn't scare you away from that idea. You'd have to take into account the company, Invision Power Services Inc, unethical, unprofessional, immoral, and arguably illegal business practices (speaking from my own person experience and opinion).

You're much better off from a business point of view, short term & long term cost, plus from a resources point of view; to simply using XenForo with XenPorta or Word Press or Sub Dreamer or even the current Joomla plug-in rumored to be in development.