How long does installation service take?

ibrian

I have a vb3.8 with 1.7m posts.

If I purchase a Xenforo licence, and Professional Installation, about what sort of turnaround time can I expect from purchase to an upgrade to Xenforo, please?

The installation service doesn't covert from a different software, we will install a new copy on your server, the import of your old data will still be left to you, but several people on here offer import services.

That's a shame, as one of the threads I saw mentioned something about the xenforo converter for vb3 taking four days to complete, and CLII importer for $150 being offered. I have no idea what CLII is, but it's obviously over my head, and I would resent being charged $150 to become a customer - or wait 4 days for an upgrade script to complete.

Which is a shame, because it seems like the vbulletin customers have mostly fled to Xenforo - and this community appears very active. Whereas the vbulletin forums are very quiet, and I am still waiting after 3 days for a "Professional installation and upgrade" from them.

The official converters are free with the purchase of your license and import times depend on your server. The CLI converter that is $150 is a separate, third-party convert that runs via the command line interface and has updates to utilize more of the cores available to your server. That purchase is completely unnecessary if you don't want it. There are plenty of people who offer import services who can convert your forum for you.

Many thanks for your replies, all - has been encouraging.

In the meantime, have cancelled my order with vbulletin and are demanding my money back. I do not consider it acceptable to wait 3 days for an installation.

Will look at this all much more carefully now - but from what I can see at vbulletin:
- their shopping cart is broken - they offer a licence in GBP, but it will crash if you do
- forums - barely any staff seem to be posting. Questions remain open and are not answered.
- email support - Just. No. Replies.
- professional installation? After 3 days of waiting with my big board suspended ready for the upgrade, I gave up

I see a lot of the vbulletin customers have fled to Xenforo, and this community is actually very busy. I'll give it my closer attention after I've cooled down after trying to buy from vbulletin.

We have a similar size forum and the import took a few hours with the web-based importer. The CLI would be much faster but I wouldn't say its necessary. I'd recommend contacting @Jake Bunce to see if he can help you with the import.

^this^

Your forum isn't big enough to need the CLI importer. Just use the built-in web-based importer. It's easier. And "a few hours" sounds about right for 1.7 million posts.

I do offer import services if you need help. But the import from vB3 to XF is one of the most seamless migrations there is. The built-in vB3 importer is very thorough. This thread shows the process:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/import-guide.10053/

Top Bottom