How flexible is this software for experienced web designers?

Andrew

Hello,

I am a web designer and I have created many skins/styles for phpbb, vbulletin, wordpress, zen cart, and other software scripts. Here is my Deviant Art profile. I have a social networking site idea that i have been developing a web design for and I need 100% control of all aspects in styling and content placement and structure of content. How flexible is the forum styling?

I also want to mention that this project is very impressive and I look forward to learning more about this new community software.

-Andrew

P.S. Keep up the good work!!!

Dean,

Thank you for the quick response. What I need to know is, how easy is it to skin? You know, using my own custom css for the design of the layout. The style options you showed me are some of the best I've seen on a forum so far.

So to better answer my question, how easy is it to Skin XenForo vs vBulletin vs PHPBB vs IPB?

Thank you,

-Andrew

Not sure what more detail I could give you at the moment, except perhaps a person that has skinned in those other programs, and also in xf, could give input.

Trouble is, xf only released the first beta less than a week ago, so not sure how many there are.

I think it' much easier to skin than vBulletin 4, that's for sure, I created my own unique design in a few hours. I haven't worked with the other forum you mention for years, so I can't comment on those.

Top Bottom