How does xenforo integrate with umbraco or other .net CMS?

romer

I have an umbraco site I would like to add a xenforo forum too. Can xenforo be customized to use the members from the umbraco database?

I have an umbraco site I would like to add a xenforo forum too. Can xenforo be customized to use the members from the umbraco database?

So, your CMS runs on MS SQL (http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/system-requirements) -- You would need to build an interface of some sort to bridge between XenForo and your SQL database. XenForo uses MySQL or some variant, MariaDB, etc.

XenForo itself does not support MS SQL, so this would be a large development undertaking.

There may be someone out there with this kind of experience, but I've not dealt with taking bridging data from MS SQL to MySQL and vice versa.

Thank you for your response. It looks like I'll have to custom code the umbraco site (uses ms sql server btw) to make rest api requests (for authentication) to xenforo and keep the membership\user info in the mysql db.

Thank you for your response. It looks like I'll have to custom code the umbraco site (uses ms sql server btw) to make rest api requests (for authentication) to xenforo and keep the membership\user info in the mysql db.

In any case, I'm sure there will be others out there interested in your experience. It may be worthwhile to post your end results.

Good luck!

Top Bottom