XF 1.1 How do you stop banned users sending private messages?

Lone Wolf

There is no permission to stop banned users from replying to Conversations that they are already part of. We have one user abusing people over PM. He's been banned but he can still continue with the abuse.

I've set all his PC permissions to never but that doesn't stop him replying to Conversations he is already part of.

There is no permission related to replying to existing conversations, only starting them.

Banned users have no access at all though so it's not a concern.

There is no permission related to replying to existing conversations, only starting them.

Banned users have no access at all though so it's not a concern.

I have an arbitration forum for banned users where they can explain themselves and be allowed a second chance. They are only allowed to see that one forum. But he is still sending PM's because I'm getting reported messages

Surely there should be a default permission to stop a user from replying to a PC invitation in case you dont want users with less than XYZ posts to engage in PC activity?

I have an arbitration forum for banned users where they can explain themselves and be allowed a second chance. They are only allowed to see that one forum. But he is still sending PM's because I'm getting reported messages

Presumably you have a separate usergroup that you place him in to restrict his access to this one forum? If so, edit that usergroup and set the permission for - Start personal conversations: - to NEVER. This will stop him being able to create new conversations.

But, as has already been pointed out, there is no permission related to replies so it won't stop him further replying to conversations he's already a part of or has already started before being placed in this group.

Presumably you have a separate usergroup that you place him in to restrict his access to this one forum? If so, edit that usergroup and set the permission for - Start personal conversations: - to NEVER. This will stop him being able to create new conversations.

But, as has already been pointed out, there is no permission related to replies so it won't stop him further replying to conversations he's already a part of or has already started before being placed in this group.

I have edited the permissions for banned users and I have also changed start PC permissions to never. There is a missing permission here.

I have edited the permissions for banned users and I have also changed start PC permissions to never. There is a missing permission here.

There is - but unfortunately at the moment XF offers no control over replying, only starting.

The alternative, of course, is to completely ban a user and deal with them via email to discuss the ban and any potential return.

Top Bottom