1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you let members nominate threads for feature?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Amin Sabet, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Well-Known Member

I use @Brogan 's CTA Featured Threads & Portal to feature some threads on the site front page and @Luke F 's Post Ratings addon to let people rate posts.

Ideally one of those would have a built in way for members to nominate threads, but neither does. Up until now, I've had members posting to a dedicated thread to nominate for feature, but that is very cumbersome and underutilized. Example: https://www.mu-43.com/threads/77716/

I thought about using thread tagging, eg having members tag with "nominate" when they want to nominate a thread, but that's suboptimal as well since it wouldn't show me how many members had nominated any given thread.

Has anyone come up with a good way to do this?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Does the post ratings add-on increment the first post likes for positive/user defined ratings?

If so, you can use the automatic feature function based on the various criteria such as likes, views, replies.

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Well-Known Member

Hi @Brogan , it does that, but we like to manually feature after considering the nominations.