How do you integrate your newsletter?

nrep

I'm looking at adding a newsletter to a couple of forums where there has been high demand from users for a semi-regular mailing. There's an option that members have already opted in to receive site mailings which is perfect.

Ideally, I'd use the XF mailer to send out the newsletter as it comes with a one-click unsubscribe link which can disable the "site mailing" option. If I just generated a CSV of e-mails and then used this in Sendy/Mailchimp/etc... then there wouldn't be a one-click unsubscribe that changed this preference in XF, which would mean things get out of sync very quickly.

Is there a way around this? I had a look at a couple of the mailing list options on here, but the core XF unsubscribe feature doesn't appear to be integrated on that addons I looked at.

Is there a XF newsletter Mailer? Can you point me to it please.

There is the *******'s Sendy integration addon which would probably do what you want.

Personally I don't use the addon. We have Sendy and I have coded an addon myself which just adds users to the Sendy list when they register. But then I don't set automated newsletter (yet!) though I am in the process of coding a Weekly Digest of best threads which will get auto sent to my Sendy List.

When I am done with the newsletter I am gonna modify my Sendy integration to omit users who unsubscribe from next mailings.

Hi Sadik, the mailer I was talking about was just the integrated user mail feature from the admin panel :(.

If you manage to get the Sendy integration working to omit users that unsubscribe users, please do let me know if you'd consider releasing it on here - I'd be very interested in it, as would plenty of others I think :).

Now that the ******* Sendy integration has been removed, I'm not sure how I can manage the newsletter subscriptions. Are there any other options (for any mailer software) that would closely integrate with XF so users can unsubscribe with a click and this is synced back to XF?

Now that the ******* Sendy integration has been removed, I'm not sure how I can manage the newsletter subscriptions. Are there any other options (for any mailer software) that would closely integrate with XF so users can unsubscribe with a click and this is synced back to XF?

We still use the ******* add-on. It just isn't available here.

Top Bottom