1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you encourage people to post in the right places?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Carlos, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

So, when I revamped CODForums back in late October, everything was good and dandy, but then from Black Ops 2 launch day forward and into Christmas... I see people posting in the wrong places.

I have to move their threads into the right forum every time.

So, then one day, I'd had enough of that, I decided to make a new notice on login...
    And they still post in the wrong places! :(

2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Site looks great.
    Even increasing the font size of the forum names improve the forum home ! http://www.codforums.com/ Good work.

Why have a media only forum ?
    It's nice to have a mixture so that people get a variety !

3. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Media means everything from montages, videos, and so on.... I wanted to keep it short. Inside the forum is the longer version of the "Call of Duty Media" forum.

4. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

You have to start with the assumption that they're lazy and/or stupid and make it as simple and clear as possible. This will reduce it but you will never completely eliminate it.

5. Digital Doctor

Heh.
    I know what it means !
    Why have separate forum for: Call of Duty no-media and Call of Duty Media ? Why not just have one ?

6. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Oh, I see what you mean! Okay...

7. Digital Doctor

I don't think it's a good idea to have media and non-media forums.
    But if you did want people to access Media only posts .... I would have only 1 forum ... but with a filter for media only threads.
    posts.with.media.jpg

Would be helpful if this was possible.
    posts.with.media.sort.jpg

8. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Okay, sorry for the delay in responding. I was interrupted when I was posting that above.

Anyway; I'm more of an organized person, so I would prefer not to mix montage threads with the general discussion of Call of Duty games. And I've seen another BO2 forum have this problem; members don't like it either. They complained that there isn't a dedicated video/montage/media forum yet.

But CODForums did have dedicated media forums, they used to reside inside those specific COD forum sections. I moved all of them into "Call of Duty Media" because I wanted to match the success of leading Call of Duty forum now known as www.thecodforums.com (Formerly COD4Boards). They have the same structure.

9. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

I just give infractions for threads started in the wrong area. The real problem is users are lazy.

hellreturn, Shelley and Sage Knight like this.