1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you automate user groups?

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by turningp01nt, Sep 28, 2012.

1. turningp01nt

turningp01nt New Member

Hello i am trying to figure out how to automate user groups so a user can be set when a sub forum is created. I have been working on allowing users to create their own sub forum and the only problem left is i need to be able to set the creator to moderator of that forum and set them to a user group specified to the area so the sub forum can be a private node.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a plugin that could be useful or a way i can get this working. I tried searching for a plugin related to premium memberships, hoping there was a plugin that when a user purchases or donates they are automatically set to a new premium usergroup. If anyone knows of a plugin or a way to make that work i can probably use that to get my user groups automated.

Thanks, Craig
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Just use the user datawriter:

That allows you to update groups. It also automatically rebuilds all caches for that user.

This is a good code example:

3. turningp01nt

turningp01nt New Member

Sweet! thanks a lot i will try that now :D