How do I use a domain name with a Windows 2008 VPS?

Andrew

Hello,

I own a Windows server 2008 vps and I am having difficulties figuring out how to link my domain name (www.minersdomain.com) to my Windows server. I have done tons of google searches and I have watched about 20-30 different videos. None of them answer my quetsions.

My problem is, I don't understand how to get the "ns1" and "ns2" for my Domain Registar.

If anyone knows how to set this up, I would greatly appreciate some assistance.

Thank you,
Andrew

Start -> Administrator Tools -> DNS

Make sure you add the zone first, and be sure that you add ns1, and ns2, A records, then add them as NS records. Don't forget to add another A record after that.

Right clicking if your friend :)

Start -> Administrator Tools -> DNS

Make sure you add the zone first, and be sure that you add ns1, and ns2, A records, then add them as NS records. Don't forget to add another A record after that.

Right clicking if your friend :)
How many IP address do I need? Currently I think I only have 1 IPv4 and I am not sure if I have any IPv6 address or not. How many IP address do I need? I read somewhere I need two but I don't know how creditable the source was.

I've been using 1 for years with no issues. If you only have one physical server it won't make any difference anyway.

Top Bottom