How do i setup a link/page...

usAdultAds

I been looking around a little bit, but I am not finding much info on
how to setup a link/page, maybe around the contact us area at the
bottom of the page....

I seen the create page option, but that just seems to create a page on the forum...
So I need to create link/pages so i can fill in the content, but the
page would look as it was a part of the theme....

Thanks

Does XF realize that most people that setup forums are not coders?
the platform has to be as user friendly as possible; It is not far fetched
to think that just about every site owner will setup footer links or other links....
simple stuff like this should have been implemented from the start...

Creating nodes requires you to put in the HTML, but will be styled like the forum. Linking to it will require template edits.

Pages are node types and will appear in the node list as defined. Elsewhere requires template edits. Pages as nodes were added due to high demand from customers for a simple method to manage pages.

Nav links are normally for site related stuff..
footer links/pages would be for Contact, Legal, DMCA, etc...
and that is what I need to setup...has anyone made
some type of reference guide in doing this?

Here: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/nodes-as-tabs.9/

Personally I think it should be in the core software but that add-on Jake has there is a life saver. Don't have to do template edits and can add the pages easily with it.

I'm an idiot, didn't read the post all the way through lol :), assumed you wanted in the main navigation.

Nav links are normally for site related stuff..
footer links/pages would be for Contact, Legal, DMCA, etc...
and that is what I need to setup...has anyone made
some type of reference guide in doing this?

Not a guide that I know if but it's extremely easy, basic HTML or basic copy and paste in this case.

Code:
            <ul class="footerLinks">
            <xen:hook name="footer_links">
                <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.contactUrl.type} === 'default'">
                    <li><a href="{xen:link 'misc/contact'}" class="OverlayTrigger" data-overlayOptions="{&quot;fixed&quot;:false}">{xen:phrase contact_us}</a></li>
                <xen:elseif is="{$xenOptions.contactUrl.type} === 'custom'" />
                    <li><a href="{$xenOptions.contactUrl.custom}" {xen:if {$xenOptions.contactUrl.overlay}, 'class="OverlayTrigger" data-overlayOptions="{&quot;fixed&quot;:false}"'}>{xen:phrase contact_us}</a></li>
                </xen:if>
                <xen:if is="{$homeLink}"><li><a href="{$homeLink}">{xen:phrase home}</a></li></xen:if>
                <li><a href="{$requestPaths.requestUri}#navigation">{xen:phrase go_to_top}</a></li>
                <li><a href="{xen:link forums/-/index.rss}" rel="alternate" class="globalFeed" target="_blank"
                    title="{xen:phrase rss_feed_for_x, 'title={$xenOptions.boardTitle}'}">{xen:phrase rss}</a></li>
            </xen:hook>
            </ul>

You can add in new links somewhere inside the UL

Code:
<li><a href="linktonewpage">DMCA</a></li>

Thanks Russ,

I am not sure which is the proper way of setting it up...I created a page, and hid the page and put the url in the footer...
ie: domain.com/pages/dmca then I noticed the contact page was on a different url: ie: domain.com/misc/contact
so whats up with the /misc/ directory, and by looking in ftp, the directory does not appear to exist...

Thanks Russ,

I am not sure which is the proper way of setting it up...I created a page, and hid the page and put the url in the footer...
ie: domain.com/pages/dmca then I noticed the contact page was on a different url: ie: domain.com/misc/contact
so whats up with the /misc/ directory, and by looking in ftp, the directory does not appear to exist...

"misc" is a XenForo route, not a server directory.

Thanks Russ,

As Jake said, anything after index.php? in your URL (or if pretty URLs are enabled after your XF directory) is a route and you won't find it corresponding in the server. The only thing you'll see linked that isn't a route, is avatars / attachements that are stored in the /data/ directory.

Top Bottom