XF 1.1 How do I set Parent node to 'Media tab', for created pages which default to Forum tab?

CritiKiL

Ok. I created sub-link 'pages' and have them as sub-links on the Media tab. But when I click on those sub-links it shows the correct page, but the parent node goes to the Forum tab always. I would like (when they are clicked) for them to stay on the tab to which I placed the links, so how can I "make my Media tab" (the tab where I have the sub-links located) as the Parent node, since the Media tab is not included as a parent node choice? The site location where I have this problem is Below and the sub-link created pages are 'Clanradio', 'Clancast', 'ClanKill TV' and 'UFreqTV':

http://sck-mobile.com/community/index.php?media/

This is what you've helped me do with the Pages.php script (w/edits):
Code:
<?php

/**
* Route prefix handler
*/
class XenForo_Route_Prefix_Pages implements XenForo_Route_Interface
{
    /**
    * Match a specific route for an already matched prefix.
    * @see XenForo_Route_Interface::match()
    */
    public function match($routePath, Zend_Controller_Request_Http $request, XenForo_Router $router)
    {
        $request->setParam('node_name', basename($routePath));

if (in_array($request->getParam('node_name'), array('clancast', 'kilplixtv', 'clankill_tv', 'ufreqtv')))
        {
            $section = 'media';
        }
        else if (in_array($request->getParam('node_name'), array('warroom-1', 'pws-1', 'ezStats2')))
        {
            $section = 'xboxlive-leaderboard';
        }
        else if (in_array($request->getParam('node_name'), array('psngames', 'psnplayers')))
        {
        }
        else if (in_array($request->getParam('node_name'), array('useralbums', 'useralbums/create', 'useralbums/own')))
        {
            $section = 'media';
        }
        else
        {
            $section = 'forums';
        }
return $router->getRouteMatch('XenForo_ControllerPublic_Page', 'index', $section);
}

/**
    * Method to build a link to the specified page/action with the provided
    * data and params.
    * @see XenForo_Route_BuilderInterface
    */
    public function buildLink($originalPrefix, $outputPrefix, $action, $extension, $data, array &$extraParams)
    {
        return XenForo_Link::buildBasicLinkWithStringParam($outputPrefix, $action, $extension, $data, 'node_name');
    }
}

Right when I was about to go to bed I see this little piece of awesomeness. Jake you the man! And thank you Critikal! I had been too lazy to ask this question myself

Let's change it up a bit for more conditions:

Rich (BB code):
/**
*/
public function match($routePath, Zend_Controller_Request_Http $request, XenForo_Router $router)
{

if (in_array($request->getParam('node_name'), array('clancast', 'clankill_tv', 'ufreqtv')))
 {
 $section = 'media';
 }
 else if (in_array($request->getParam('node_name'), array('warroom-1', 'pws-1')))
 {
 }
 else
 {
 $section = 'forums';
 }

return $router->getRouteMatch('XenForo_ControllerPublic_Page', 'index', $section);
}
I tried this and it's not working. This is my code in public_html/library/XenForo/Route/Prefix/Pages.php

Code:
<?php

/**
* Route prefix handler
*/
{
    /**
    */
    {
        if (in_array($request->getParam('node_name'), array('pixlr-editor', 'pixlr-express', 'pixlr-o-matic')))
        {
            $section = 'useralbums';
        }
        else if (in_array($request->getParam('node_name'), array('world-time-map', 'chatbox')))
        {
            $section = 'members';
        }
        else
        {
            $section = 'forums';
        }

}

/**
    * data and params.
    */
    public function buildLink($originalPrefix, $outputPrefix, $action, $extension, $data, array &$extraParams)
    {
        return XenForo_Link::buildBasicLinkWithStringParam($outputPrefix, $action, $extension, $data, 'node_name');
    }
}

Sample page: http://www.8thos.com/pages/pixlr-editor/

Okay I added it, and still not working.

Code:
<?php

/**
 * Route prefix handler
 */
{
    /**
     */
    {
        if (in_array($request->getParam('node_name'), array('pixlr-editor', 'pixlr-express', 'pixlr-o-matic')))
        {
            $section = 'useralbums';
        }
        else if (in_array($request->getParam('node_name'), array('world-time-map', 'chatbox')))
        {
            $section = 'members';
        }
        else
        {
            $section = 'forums';
        }

}

/**
     * data and params.
     */
    {
    }
}

1. Start debugging;)
Use an debugger with some breakpoints and check the params or add die($request->getParam('node_name') command to your script so you know why it's not working

2. you shouldn't change the original file;)
Use the event listener system^^

1. Start debugging;)
Use an debugger with some breakpoints and check the params or add die($request->getParam('node_name') command to your script so you know why it's not working

2. you shouldn't change the original file;)
Use the event listener system^^
Is your reply for me or the original thread starter?

For you;)

You also have the enhanced pages(if you have the add-on^^), you could check the code from Ragtek_PC_Route_Page
It's "the same..;)"
Yeah I am using enhanced pages. So I gotta do it in your library then? I forgot I was using it. Your enhanced pages addon is one of the most useful addson the site. I like that member's can comment pages. Could you consider adding a rating feature like 1 to 5 stars? Kinda like how it's setup in the resource manager.

yes

let's wait to release finally all the stuff at robbos page and import the premium users..:D then you can start requesting features again:p
What happened to your website? I tried signing on so I could download it again cause even though I have it on my server, I have no idea what folder it is because of the two or three letter abbreviations you use for your different addon names inside the Ragtek library folder.

What happened to your website? I tried signing on so I could download it again cause even though I have it on my server, I have no idea what folder it is because of the two or three letter abbreviations you use for your different addon names inside the Ragtek library folder.
i was hacked and "somebody"(already know who) deleted everything and he also "deleted/canceled" all my domains....
That's why there's now much more stress with moving everything to merc as soon as possible:(
And after all this i'm not interessted anymore in doing anything, so i don't want to get the domain back and start again...

i was hacked and "somebody"(already know who) deleted everything and he also "deleted/canceled" all my domains....
That's why there's now much more stress with moving everything to merc as soon as possible:(
smh. What goes around, comes around. Karma will get him eventually.

Can you recognize which addon folder is Enhanced Pages in that screenshot I posted?

pc (because it started as "page comments")

but thx for this, i'm having this already on my dev board and probably i should add the add-on name in some file inside of the add-on directory too^^

Attachments

• name.webp
    name.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 5
pc (because it started as "page comments")

but thx for this, i'm having this already on my dev board and probably i should add the add-on name in some file inside of the add-on directory too^^
Ah okay thank you and your welcome! I thought PC was Personal Conversations related.

yea, my naming system isn't really good, but my whole system is built on this(developer tools, addon builder, test suite..), so i can't change it really easy^^

Top Bottom