How Do I redirect 404 error page to forum index

steadypixel

Please how do I set 404 redirections of all not found pages to my forum index.

Let me break it down, I purchase a couple of expired domains with good backlinks and referring domains and I set all to 301 redirections to my forum website https://naijafans.com. but when some of the redirected domains old links hit my website it shows the 404 error messages :" oops ! the page could not be found " or something like that.

How do I setup my forum such that such not found redirection will take them to my forum list or index page. I'm sure there should be a fix. kindly help.

domains with good backlinks and referring domains and I set all to 301 redirections to my forum website
If you care about SEO I would do a bit of research to see if that is such a good idea.

I think it’s better to make you actual 404 useful, with search and links to main pages etc.
I use the siropu custom 404 page addon for this

Please how do I set 404 redirections of all not found pages to my forum index.

Let me break it down, I purchase a couple of expired domains with good backlinks and referring domains and I set all to 301 redirections
Don't do that. A page that does not exist is a 404 and should not be redirected anywhere (unless the same or at least equivalent content is now to be found at the new location).

You will be shooting yourself into the foot if you keep those redurects.

Last edited:
Don't do that. A page that does not exist is a 404 and should not be redirected anywhere (unless the same or at least equivalent content is now to be found at the new location).

You will be shooting yourself into the font if you keep thise redurects.
👍
But what better way can I use the expired domains to my forum advantage?

I am not a SEO expert, but the easiest thing would be to set up some content on your extra (previously expired) domains (useful unique texts, that match the original topic of the domains, images, ..) and also place a link to your main site.

Top Bottom