How do I make my BG look the same on all resolutions?

JABRONI

I created a background for my website & it looks just fine on 1680x1050 as seen below

I8Zhx.png

but it doesn't look right on resolutions higher or lower than that as you can see below (1920x1080)

herefaggot.jpg

how do I make it so it shows up the same on all resolutions?

@Jake Bunce: Actually, on XenForo, the body does not stretch to fill html if it's smaller than your window's height. So, if you apply the background to body, even if it's fixed, it won't fill it. You'll have a bar on the bottom (whatever background-color html is set to have, a gray by default) filling up the remaining space.

@cerebik: We don't know all of the code you have in there, so it's hard to guess. We can tell you the sorts of properties that might work, but, ultimately, you have to learn this stuff yourself. Jake's links are extremely helpful to that end. If you like, you can give me an account on your boards that is capable of selecting that skin, and I'll mess with it in Firebug until it does what you want, provided it's possible, and I've got the extra time. Best of luck either way.

EDIT: I thought cerebik was the OP. In this case, your answer is similar to what I mentioned to Jake, and that fix you linked to will only fix it if the user's resolution is 1000px or smaller in height. It'd be better to apply the background to html than to body, and then use the other properties mentioned above to get it looking how you'd like.

Top Bottom