How do I make another user a Super Admin to have complete control over the form?

RobinHood

As above please, I seem to be able to make people admins but can't seem to figure out how to make someone a super admin!

What is the difference between a Super Administrator and an Administrator?
A Super Administrator can not be created or edited by an Administrator and always has all permissions in the ACP.

How do I add another Super Administrator?
Edit the /library/config.php file and add any additional users IDs, comma delimited: $config['superAdmins'] = '1,2,3';
Note that the user in question must already be an Administrator.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180456

Found the file, edited it correctly, not sure it works, as the reason I did this was to make my partner able to see the styles that were installed but not an option for regular members. As the first member, admin, and site admin, when I click on style selector, I see all styles installed, with an * next to the ones that are not viewable to everyone else. After adding him to the super admin via editing the aforementioned config.php file, he still does not see the styles that are not viewable. Did I edit the file incorrectly, or does making him a super admin not, by default, entitle him to see those styles?

Any Admin, regardless of whether they're a Super Admin or not, can see the installed styles. If you add another individual as a Super Admin, you must also appoint them as an Admin in the ACP.

Any Admin, regardless of whether they're a Super Admin or not, can see the installed styles. If you add another individual as a Super Admin, you must also appoint them as an Admin in the ACP.
This is not the case with my forums (using 1.2.0). My partner was already an admin (listed as staff on the site as well), and could not view the styles that were not viewable to others. I am the only one who sees the styles not viewable, and I see them with a * next to their name. He is now both an admin and a site admin, and still can not see those styles.

How do I add another Super Administrator?
Edit the /library/config.php file and add any additional users IDs, comma delimited: $config['superAdmins'] = '1,2,3';
Note that the user in question must already be an Administrator.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180456
Above post has no spaces between user id's : ='1,2,3';

FAQ has spaces:
PHP:
$config['superAdmins'] = '1, 2, 3';

Which is the correct way? I've tried both ways, and user I'd 2 can still NOT SEE non viewable styles.

Either or is fine.

Ensure you are entering the correct User IDs and that the users are already administrators.
It is the correct User ID, he is 2 (second registered user), and his primary user group is Administrative. This is the code directly from my /library/config.php file:

$config['superAdmins'] = '1, 2';

My error, I apologize. I was unaware that Admins had to be added. I presumed that if your primary usergroup was Administrative, you were an Admin. I think that is a little odd and confusing, but I have since added him specifically as an admin, and the problem has been rectified. Again, my apologies. Thanks.

$config['superAdmins'] = '1,2';

Worked for me, first I went in and set my 2nd account so my primary group was registered user, and made sure administrative box was checked.

I am sure you got it fixed by now, just adding it to pay it forward for the next guy.

Top Bottom