1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I keep the content of my site only visible my logged in members?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Dustin Mattison, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Hello
    This is a simple question. Where do I find the settings to keep my forum content only visible by logged in users?

Dustin

2. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

That would be your usergroup permissions.

3. Is all content part of a usergroup?

4. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

If you go to the node listing, you will see a permissions link for your usergroups.

5. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

The easiest way to keep people except those logged in from seeing anything is to require people to login/register before they can even access the forum as a whole. To do this go to Users/List User Groups then click on Unregistered/Unconfirmed and make sure no is selected under view. Here is a screenshot of what you are looking for.

screen.png

Like I said doing it this way guests and non logged in people can't see anything.

6. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

But then you lose all the SEO benefits because you're hiding it all. You can try using the Google first click free addon. That protects your stuff but lets Google inside to index your content and will help drive traffic to the site.

7. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

So if you hide the content, even the ability to view, what do people see when they navigate to your site?

8. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

A login page. That's it. Or an error page in the case of some one who is logged in but doesn't have access.