How do I block use of BB code in About profile

cmeinck

I've been using various utilities to find spam and delete it. That chore is becoming tiresome, so I've ramped up my efforts to stop it before they post anything. The last stronghold appears to be the about section of their profile.

How do I remove the capability to post bbcode in that area?

Note that profile pages of invalid users (awaiting email confirmation or moderation) cannot be viewed by anyone except admins and mods. Or more specifically, it is controlled by this permission:

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups -> [click a group] -> Bypass user privacy

Users with this permission are the only ones who can view these invalid users.

So if you setup moderation of new accounts then it nullifies their ability to advertise on your forum through their profile because it's not viewable to anyone except admins / mods.

So if you setup moderation of new accounts then it nullifies their ability to advertise on your forum through their profile because it's not viewable to anyone except admins / mods.

I don't want to rely on myself to activate accounts. I was thinking if it were possible to either remove this section entirely or limit the ability to post links until 15 posts. This way, they wouldn't have any incentive or would hit a roadblock.

Top Bottom