How do Addon Domains work in CPanel?

Jaxel

Okay, so I have my website at 8wayrun.com... the domain has nameservers as the following:

ns1.8wayrun.com
ns2.8wayrun.com

Now I have another domain, lets call it DomainTwo.com. In CPanel, I created an addon domain for DomainTwo.com going to public_html/domaintwo. So this new website is accessable from two different places: domaintwo.com and domaintwo.8wayrun.com.

I can access it from domaintwo.8wayrun.com, but so far I seem to be unable to get domaintwo.com working correctly. I assumed all I would need to do is to change the nameservers for the second domain to ns1.8wayrun.com and ns2.8wayrun.com... but its not working.

What am I missing?

ahhh ok I just reread the post and think i may have been thinking of a different task as well....lemme try and replicate what you are trying to do...

Summing up what I am trying (correct me where I am wrong)

I will use xenxero.com and try to create RANDOMDOMAIN.xenxero.com to be accessible from RANDOMDOMAIN.COM

Sound like it is what you want to do?

(running to store, be back very shortly, coffee is calling me.)

Okay, so I have my website at 8wayrun.com... the domain has nameservers as the following:

ns1.8wayrun.com
ns2.8wayrun.com

Now I have another domain, lets call it DomainTwo.com. In CPanel, I created an addon domain for DomainTwo.com going to public_html/domaintwo. So this new website is accessable from two different places: domaintwo.com and domaintwo.8wayrun.com.

I can access it from domaintwo.8wayrun.com, but so far I seem to be unable to get domaintwo.com working correctly. I assumed all I would need to do is to change the nameservers for the second domain to ns1.8wayrun.com and ns2.8wayrun.com... but its not working.

What am I missing?

Works for me when I do it this way....but it takes time for the DNS changes to propagate, sometimes up to 24 hours or so.

Top Bottom