how deep do you go on a SERP page?

pk698

Like on google's SERP's, I usually go about 3-4 pages, then I'm done and look somewhere else if I can't find what I'm looking for. How deep do you guys go?

Very rarely do I venture past the first page. When I'm searching for something very specific I usually try to use various search parameters and operators so that I can narrow the results down without having to go through several pages.

Very rarely do I venture past the first page. When I'm searching for something very specific I usually try to use various search parameters and operators so that I can narrow the results down without having to go through several pages.
This. If what I'm looking for is not on the first or second page, I refine and/or rearrange my search phrase until I get what I'm looking for. Very seldom do I venture onto the second or third page. Part of it is just a "want it now" mentality, part of it is knowing (or I should say, assuming) that the results more relevant to my search are on the first few pages.

Google Images, though, I'll go pretty deep looking for an image, but that's because I'm usually not looking for anything specific.

I often go to many pages because that nugget of information you are looking for isn't always going to be on the first few pages.

I often go to many pages because that nugget of information you are looking for isn't always going to be on the first few pages.
Try parameter searching and refining the search terms; usually it'll give you more specific information.

Try parameter searching and refining the search terms; usually it'll give you more specific information.

I often use parameters in my search, but still end up looking at many pages to ensure the data I'm looking for is not missed.

me too ;)

Top Bottom