How can XF be optimized for mobile page speed?

entelechy

Can anyone make any recommendation regarding improving mobile page speed dramatically. Things like mitigating against render-blocking js/css would be helpful, and for wp there's options to solve. Is there similar for XF? Any addons designed for page speed for XF2+?

Just going to give this a single bump because it seems like this would be massively valuable to me, and nno doubt to others who are quite new to xf forums.

On Google Page Speed my Desktop score is 84 with time to interactive of 2.6secs for my homepage - not bad, but I've got some solid experience with wordpress page optimization and if it was WP I'd work to knock this down a bit, but it's not unacceptably slow.

For mobile I've removed some custom elements that are being used on the homepage for desktop and are fairly script-heavy, and while the GPS mobile score increased a bit up to 44/100, the time to interactive is sat at 12.4 secs.

I've gotten plenty of busy, image-filled wordpress homepages down to 2 seconds for mobile, but that's predominatly using a small cluster of plugins which do most of the compilcated heavy lifting.

I guess the question that would be awesome to get an answer to is, Does anyone know of any addons which are specifically targeting improved page speeds for XF or is it a case of having to manually make adjustments?

XF's a super good, lightweight forum software as it is already, and load times are generally quicker than others AFAIK. I'd just like to really get into a bit of additional page speed optimization for my users if poss.

Thanks for any advice/replies to this.

Top Bottom