XF 1.5 How can I make image attachments be posted in a message?

Blast

Let's say that I attached a photo on my post, how can I make it show up as an embedded picture rather than manually clicking on the attachment box?

When you upload an image via the upload image button, it gives you an option to insert as full size or thumbnail

Screen Shot 2015-12-18 at 1.13.09 AM.webp
and choose full image and this is what you get.

IMG_1657.webp

Image attachments are already forced into messages. If you submit a reply without choosing an option, there will be an attachments box.
What the OP was asking about was embedding the image and not having to click on the attachment box that shows when you fail to choose an embed option. I think that's what Andy is referring to - that add-on apparently forces an embed option to occur. It's basically an answer to a problem that really doesn't exist since some people may NOT want their images embedded and that add-on forces it no matter what the user wants to do.
The better answer is teaching your users how to use the software as designed so that you have both capabilities (which is what my post was targeted to do). :D

It's basically an answer to a problem that really doesn't exist

I disagree.

The problem is having to click many little thumbnails to view images. It's far easier to view a thread which has many attached images in each post if ALL the attached imaged are inline full size.

I have found many admins love this add-on and prefer to have it this way, but this is up to the admin how he or she wants to set up their forum.

The problem is having to click many little thumbnails to view images. It's far easier to view a thread which has many attached images in each post if ALL the attached imaged are inline full size.
It may be "easier" but it may not be what the USER wanted them to do. They may have had a reason to do them as strictly attachments instead of putting them in the post itself.
I have found many admins love this add-on and prefer to have it this way, but this is up to the admin how he or she wants to set up their forum.
All it is, is a remove-all add-on that removes an option that can (and should) be left to the user on how they want it displayed. It's a a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist - it's called instructing your users on how to embed posts compared to just adding them as attachments.

Top Bottom