XF 2.2 How can I integrate WordPress with the latest version of Xenforo 2.2?

Cromulent

I have a couple of ideas for my website, which I am getting ready but I'd like to integrate WordPress and Xenforo so that when a post is made in WordPress, it does a few things in Xenforo. I'm just not too sure on how to go about this project.

I assume this would be a WordPress addon that then communicates with the Xenforo install (which is on a different server)? Is there a Xenforo API I can use to connect it?

I'd like to integrate WordPress and Xenforo so that when a post is made in WordPress, it does a few things in Xenforo.
@Cromulent you may want to check out my plugin XFtoWP, it offers the functionality you are looking for and more. There are also loads of developer shortcuts in PHP to help you do anything you want with your XF data in WordPress.

@Cromulent you may want to check out my plugin XFtoWP, it offers the functionality you are looking for and more. There are also loads of developer shortcuts in PHP to help you do anything you want with your XF data in WordPress.

Thank you for your reply. That looks like an exciting addon. On the other hand, I'd like to learn to do all of this myself as I have a fair few ideas for functionality that I'd like to be completely custom on my site.

I'll certainly come back and give your addon a closer look if I get stuck.

Thank you for your reply. That looks like an exciting addon. On the other hand, I'd like to learn to do all of this myself as I have a fair few ideas for functionality that I'd like to be completely custom on my site.

I'll certainly come back and give your addon a closer look if I get stuck.
I can't say I blame you, the API is a dream to work with. Let me know if you have any questions about developing on WP.

Top Bottom