1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 How can I create domain.com/PAGEURL rather than domain.com/pages/PAGEURL

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by oTradeMark, Feb 12, 2014.

1. oTradeMark

oTradeMark Member

I am creating a new page in the node admin display and when I enter the "URL Portion" for the page it gets added to a subdirectory /pages/ on the site.

Is there a way that I can make all URL portions link directly from my main domain rather than the pages subdirectory?

I want to use domain.com/URLportion instead of domain.com/pages/URLportion

Even better would be the ability to change the subdirectory in the rewrite... IE domain.com/CUSTOMSUBDIRECTORY/URLportion

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can change the pages route using the Route Filters function, but you can't remove it.

3. oTradeMark

oTradeMark Member

Thanks I'm reading about the route filters right now.

Right now I currently use Wordpress CMS & front end & Xenforo for a forum but I am converting the entire site to Xenforo. There are several old URL's which have strong search engine placements and I don't want to hurt the ranking of those individual pages.

Is there a way that I can setup static pages at a specific URL off of the main hub of my domain? ie domain.com/OLD-URL-WHICH-RANKS-WELL

4. oTradeMark

oTradeMark Member

Sweet it looks like you can remove the /pages/ directory using route filters function as long as the page name is unique and doesn't overlap.
    • Find: pages/long-unique-url-here/, replace: long-unique-url-here/

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Sorry, yes, I should have made it clear that it can be removed for specific pages but not for all pages with one route filter.

oTradeMark likes this.
  6. oTradeMark

oTradeMark Member

Thanks, that and the routefilters for the forum subcategories is exactly what I was looking for. Have a good night.