how add-on are you?

how add-on are you?

• Total voters
I only use 5 on your list. The other stuff, don't need it.

AdminCP Firewall - don't need it
Create Post on Report - don't need it plus coming with XF 1.2
Email Report - don't need it
Kotomi - wtf is this. don't need it
Member List Manager - clashes with Akinak User Search last time I checked, it might work now tho
Multiple Account Detection - don't need it cause noobs have restricted access so creating multiple accounts is useless
New User Notification System - don't care about welcoming noobs anymore
Nodes as Tabs - I just create my own tabs in navigation template
PHP Include - wtf is this, don't need it.
Sitemap for Xenforo - XenUtiles does that for me.
Top Users - Widget don't need it.

21 add-ons installed, 20 of which are used. Various template modifications made, all using TMS so upgrading is a breeze. :D

I don't have any 3rd party add-ons. I have a couple that I created and one by Xenforo called ElasticSearch.

I prefer to not use Add-ons in favor of modifying the php and js code directly.

I tend to do the same, mostly because I don't trust other people's code, nor have the desire to keep up with a bunch of different add-ons.

We use git for source control, and each feature (or group of features, if they're logically related) get their own branch. When it's time to upgrade or deploy, we merge and rebase as necessary, and then push. Extremely easy, and we get the benefit of history and being able to easily roll back should something go wrong.

10-20 add-ons

Haven't counted but i do try to restrict the amount but sometimes can't help myself. :D I think i have another 5 or so add-on planned and yet to install.

Edit: just counted 27 add-ons but 3 of those are disabled. so 24 add-ons

You're going to be one busy bee when 1.2 comes. :p
Most likely.....

I've been putting off updating so much right now that I've almost been avoiding my own site (not really), because I'm reminded of it. :p

The big problem is I have a few zip files that I don't know what they're for. Poor naming from the developer. XML doesn't seem to helpful either....

Really ? :eek:

Could you explain why (fastly) ?
Why? Not sure.

But my guess is that your system still has to load that X in part, because its there.

I had a bunch installed before, but they were disabled, and when removing them altogether, things got faster.

Why? Not sure.

But my guess is that your system still has to load that X in part, because its there.

I had a bunch installed before, but they were disabled, and when removing them altogether, things got faster.

So simply disabling an add-on still uses your server resources so to speak?

But when you look at the ?_debug=1 page, you don't see calls to disabled addon ; or it's something else? I'm kind of curious now to understand what XF does really .

yes it is a good question
Maybe because they are still in the SQL database,
The queries looking if there are under execution or not?

yes it is a good question
Maybe because they are still in the SQL database,
The queries looking if there are under execution or not?
This is my theory.

If anything, backup your database right now, remove the add-ons you have disabled, and see if you notice a difference.

In my case and a few other sites who asked for my help.... Removing un-used add-ons which had been long disabled; made things faster. Not just seemingly, but noticeable.

Granted these sites all had 1 thing in common. Lots of disabled add-ons (20 ore more).

Top Bottom