Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just going to get started soon. I just want to make sure I have the right hosting before my members start uploading all their images and more members join. I don't want it to be slow either.

I just want to stick with one hosting provider and upgrade with them when the time comes. I had a problem of the site being slow and not enough disk space when my last forum was up. So I shut it down. Now looking to re-open it.

Right now, I'm using hostgator. But I've been looking around and they are one of the most expensive. Godaddy seemed good considering their vps hosting is cheaper then hostgators.

You can probably used shared hosting such as "a small orange" without issues as a starter board.

I see that people have been complaining about Mike Edge hosting. I just saw his profile and saw a complaint. However, I have heard good things.

billybatz9 said:
I see that people have been complaining about Mike Edge hosting. I just saw his profile and saw a complaint. However, I have heard good things.

Any host is going to have some complaints at some point. Its part of business. If you look at some of the larger sites we host like www.Turbobuick.com and www.gotitans.com both been with us since Feb. Our service can't be too bad. Also one of the bad reviews about us from Dre really isn't fair as it was later learned he was using 110 addons and the issue was mods conflicting not our service.

I see the one your talking about now on my profile. If you look at xfhost on twitter and compare time stamps you'll see it was the same time a planned maintsnce was happening. So of course I wasn't answering the phone as I was working on upgrading the servrer. So she blew things out of proportain in that comment. Sorry for typos as I'm on my phone typing this

Any host is going to have some complaints at some point. Its part of business. If you look at some of the larger sites we host like www.Turbobuick.com and www.gotitans.com both been with us since Feb. Our service can't be too bad. Also one of the bad reviews about us from Dre really isn't fair as it was later learned he was using 110 addons and the issue was mods conflicting not our service.
I have not written a bad review about XFHosting and you probably host a site or two that has more than 110 addons.

Last edited:
my pingdom report whilst being hosted with xfhost.

Good luck, you will need it.

After i cancelled my service i was sent another invoice for the next months payment, yet i have yet to receive my money back as part of the money back guarantee. Be careful, and good luck if you go via Mike. Whilst he tries hard...he is a one man shop.
xfhost.webp

my pingdom report whilst being hosted with xfhost.

Good luck, you will need it.

After i cancelled my service i was sent another invoice for the next months payment, yet i have yet to receive my money back as part of the money back guarantee. Be careful, and good luck if you go via Mike. Whilst he tries hard...he is a one man shop.View attachment 51623

Again and for the last time we are not a "one man shop", we offer 24/7 support for over 2 months now and our staff members are in fact all members of this community.

The pingdom downtime was due to you incorrectly doing your nameservers and they had to re-propergate. Both the ticket we sent you and our set up letter clearly stated ns1.xfhost.net and ns2.xfnost.net not .com like you used.We have no control over you using the wrong information at your domain register.

Lastly, you been told every time you bring it up, you need to put in a ticket requesting a refund. You to this day still have not.

Last edited:
The pingdom downtime was due to you incorrectly doing your nameservers and they had to re-propergate. Both the ticket we sent you and our set up letter clearly stated ns1.xfhost.net and ns2.xfnost.net not .com like you used.We have no control over you using the wrong information at your domain register.
If you actually looked at the dates i had on my pingdom stats you will note that i grabbed the dates after propogation occurred, and before i transferred over to a new host. And you are confusing me with someone else, i never had issues with my ns propogation.

I suggest you have a closer look at the pingdom stats over the 12 day period...with 57 outages. That is not acceptable. Hence why i moved.

I asked why cPanel resource usage did not work, and you told me you didnt know how to figure it out and to simply use another analytics program. You were not able to figure out the permissions that xenforo needed, and a few addons such as the addon installer/sitemaps did not work, as well as core functionality such as attachments. You simply threw your hands up in the air and asked me to ask the community here. So much for a XF optimised host.

Funnily enough my current host despite having limited knowledge of xenforo have had no issues at all.

Lastly, you been told every time you bring it up, you need to put in a ticket requesting a refund. You to this day still have not.
And as i have told you numerous times, how can i possibly put in a ticket request requesting a refund when my account no longer works on your site anymore? You have seen my post numerous times about this yet have never done anything about it.

I think since March (from your report), Mike has switched as it is. Your point is moot, you have no dealings on his newer service.
thats quite rich, seeing you told me the following on xfshowcase on March 16:
Removed by moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have seen my post numerous times about this yet have never done anything about it.

Sure I have, I have told you the exact answer every time, which was the correct procedure on how to do it. This is not our official site or in fact has no ties to my company at all. You need to make requests though the proper channels, not just another site that I too happen to be a member of. If your billing account is not working, then you simply forgot your password as we don't delete ex-clients from our billing software. Use the request a new password function.

thats quite rich, seeing you told me the following on xfshowcase on March 16:

And that was on his old service, which I did not like, and would not recommend to anyone.

He is now on something different, one that you cannot comment on. I have been on both, I can comment on both. The service he offers now is much better, and I think his trials and all the turbulence have made him a much better host in the long run.

Also, you might want to brush up on the rules.... you aren't supposed to be sharing Private Conversation in public, especially without my consent.

Thinking about switching my hosting. Anyone have any good suggestions? For support and pricing...
Are you comfortable setting up a VPS? If so, you may want to look at doing that.
RamNode gave me good service until I broke down and upgraded to dedicated servers, and their prices are reasonable. They also usually have a life-time 30% discount code at WebHostingTalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom