Hosting

You need to provide a little more information... how man visits a day/hour being one.
If you are only getting 30-40 visits a day, you can get by with a very low end hosting plan but if you are getting several hundred an hour, you are going to require more "muscle".
Also, if your site is image heavy, you have to make sure that you have adequate storage.
Simply saying "I need cheap hosting" is only part of the equation.
From a cursory look, your site isn't going to do real well on a base line $5 a month shared hosting provider.

How much space is your site currently using ?

I do web hosting, and I am able to customise any hosting package I have on a case-by-case basis.

How much space is your site currently using ?

I do web hosting, and I am able to customise any hosting package I have on a case-by-case basis.
I'm on a 2 gig plan currently I believe
  • 2GB Memory
  • 20GB Disk Space
  • 20TB Bandwidth Transfer
  • Centminmod NGINX setup

And you maxing out that vps with that site? Or you just want to move away from unmanaged hosting?

In Italy you can find good shared hosting with unlimited space and traffic for €40/50 per year! Obviously if the site has hundreds of users online at the same time they are not good but for sites with few users online they are more than fine.

I have the Standard VPS with Knownhost with cPanel. I pay $74.25/month. On Friday nights my site has 400-500 simultaneous users and the site runs without a hitch. You can take $11/month off of that if you choose DirectAdmin instead of cPanel and you can take $20 off if you don't need a managed server.

My server has 8Gb RAM, 150Gb SSD, and 4Tb bandwidth. Again, if you don't need managed or cPanel, the base price for that is $43.25/month.

My server has 8Gb RAM, 150Gb SSD, and 4Tb bandwidth. Again, if you don't need managed or cPanel, the base price for that is $43.25/month.
Ouch... Hetzner 4vCPU/8GB/160GB SSD and 20TB bandwidth... and I'm paying around $18 a month. I don't use a panel as I use CentMin Mod.
And I haven't had a downtime one since I've been with them.

Sounds like another option for @tommydamic68 to look at right there.
They are a true "self-hosted" provider... all they do is give you the VPS for the price... YOU are responsible for any/all maintenance/support of it.... and there are many that can't do that and have to depend on an outside provider to do so. And that adds to the cost... but yes, the base VPS is much less than KnownHost and their uptime history is excellent.

They are a true "self-hosted" provider... all they do is give you the VPS for the price... YOU are responsible for any/all maintenance/support of it.... and there are many that can't do that and have to depend on an outside provider to do so. And that adds to the cost... but yes, the base VPS is much less than KnownHost and their uptime history is excellent.

That's why I said another option for him...not me. 😂

I'll gladly pay more for the customer service I've gotten through the years with Knownhost. They were maybe the 4th or 5th service I tried in a few years time. Not the cheapest but I like when I have an issue or just need help figuring something out I can open a ticket and they respond, usually, within 15 minutes. Again, I recommend Knownhost to everyone I can just because my own experience with them couldn't be better.

Ive been using Hetzner for for 4+ years and i even dont know their customer support -i never used it, no single problems in these years.

I wouldn’t go for just cheapest, I’d go for best value while getting good site performance / security and knowledge of xenForo ideally so I always recommend @MattW who is a member here.
I’m already hosting him, and have been since early 2022 (until the end of this billing period in a couple of days).

I'll gladly pay more for the customer service I've gotten through the years with Knownhost. They were maybe the 4th or 5th service I tried in a few years time.
KnownHost is a solid provider....and for those that aren't qualified (or comfortable) running their own setup, a very viable (and recommended) option. As for the OP... I think they are trying to reduce their hosting costs... so that knocks the upper tier providers out. As you saw, he's being hosted by MattW... one of the few people I would trust in granting access to my system if I needed it... and he's not outrageously expensive in his hosting costs (shared from $6.25 to a high of $25 a month). He also provides managed VPS services... and yes, those are more expensive.. but as with KnownHost... you get what you pay for.

Back
Top Bottom