1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hosting Question

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by Sir nick, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Sir nick

Sir nick Well-Known Member

Hello everybody,

Been a while since I've really been posting here. I got a question for you guys since I know lots of you guys have a good hosting provider. Do you guys like the idea of a host installing board software for you? Like I know some places "UrlJet". As long as you host with them they will install board software.

Just asking questions so I can get some new ideas for a new plan soon to come to my host.
  2. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I don't. I like to do it myself so I know exactly what was done, and that it was done to my liking.
    Sir nick likes this.
  3. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

I agree with Peggy. Installing forum software is not hard. You really should do it yourself.
    If you run into problems, post questions. Sometimes it is a hosting issue.
    I would not be dependent on a host for installs and upgrades.
    Peggy likes this.
  4. Sir nick

Sir nick Well-Known Member

Mk thanks :)
  5. boatswife

boatswife Active Member

It's nice that they do it, but to learn how to do it yourself is the best way to go.

I paid to have my first forum set up, then I proceeded to screwed it up. I wasn't about to pay again, so I had to learn how to do it. If the instructions are good, you can do anything.