Hosting Question

Weston

Hello, I'm sort of a newbie when it comes to this stuff. I've been running a vB forum for a few years but my web host has been giving me troubles lately so I'm going to take advantage of my move to xenForo to switch hosts as well.

So here I am on GoDaddy looking at the Linux and Windows plans, which one will xF run more smoothly on?

And thanks for any advice.

Well HostGator offers both Windows and Linux servers as well. Which are you running on? I don't even know if it matters much but my last forum had horrible stability and database issues. I want everything perfect this time around.

I recommend Godaddy's Linux servers over their Windows servers. I have experience with both. I have encountered configuration problems with Godaddy Windows in the past.

Godaddy is pretty decent in my experience, but I haven't hosted with them myself. Their hosting control panel takes some getting used to, but you don't have to spend much time in there once everything is setup.

if youre a novice, i reckon linux is the way to go. linux is the defacto standard, and most tutorials and troubleshooting guides will assume youre hosting on linux. using windows server may create new problems and require more work to troubleshoot.

Top Bottom