1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hosting images on external server

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by AndreaMarucci, Sep 25, 2011.

1. AndreaMarucci

AndreaMarucci Well-Known Member

In my forum I would like my users to use an external server for image hosting; something like imgur.com or similar that let you link the image pasting the code in the message. This is to avoid to have too much traffic just to show images in the threads.

I remember that in the VB days there was a mod that let me do that simply adding a button in the editor bar for that purpose. Should suffice a button that ask you to choose the image, upload it on imgur (for example) and paste the code inside the message.

Since nothing similar does exist for xenforo, anyone has a suggestion or a solution for that?

principia likes this.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Normally your users would upload the image to the hosting service and then use an IMG tag in their post. I haven't seen any addons to automate that process.

3. AndreaMarucci

AndreaMarucci Well-Known Member

Sure Jake, this is what happens now. I would like to automate it since there are many users that have some difficulties doing that...

4. yessir

yessir Active Member

I am also interested in this.

5. principia

principia Well-Known Member

6. Adimaryanto

Adimaryanto Member

I also want it .... is there any addon like this?