1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Home Page

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Craig, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Craig

Craig Active Member

Good day to you all.

I am curious if there is a way to prevent new members from using the Home Page section on their profiles?

Thanks in advance.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Via the edit profile permission.

3. Craig

Craig Active Member

I must be a complete idiot, as I am not finding where that it is, and I am sure it is probably right under my beak!

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Users -> User group permissions -> Registered

5. Craig

Craig Active Member

I found "Edit custom title" but nothing about "Home Page"

6. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

editprofile.png

Craig and Jeremy like this.
  7. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

That'll stop you being able to edit anything in the profile though. If you want to allow profile editing but remove the homepage from all members, then you can edit the account_personal_details template and remove:-

Code:
    <dl class="ctrlUnit">
                <dt><label for="ctrl_homepage">{xen:phrase home_page}:</label></dt>
                <dd><input type="url" name="homepage" value="{$visitor.homepage}" id="ctrl_homepage" class="textCtrl" /></dd>
    </dl>
    Or use a conditional around it to show only to specific groups.

Craig likes this.
  8. Craig

Craig Active Member

Thank you so very much for your help. Unfortunately I do not know how to code so I wouldn't be able to make a "Conditional" though I would sure like to

Lisa likes this.
  9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member