• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Home Page Question

Hi folks,

I'm new to the community and not a WebMaster by trade! I have downloaded and installed xenForo with the Flexile Dark Style. However, when I click on the 'Home' Tab it just takes me to the back to the forums.

Does anyone know how I can integrate a 'Home' Page? Is there an additional addon which would let me do this? For some reason, I was under the impression that Flexile had a homepage incorporated into it.

Also, for the icons for Read and Unread messages - can someone point me in the right direction to 'change' the images?

Thanks,
Eric

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
There is no home page by default, you will have to create your own and set the path in the ACP.

As an example, I'm using a XenForo Page as my home page: http://cliptheapex.com/

You could look at installing a portal - there are a few add-ons available.

To change the icons, just upload new ones with the same file name, overwriting the existing ones.

Okay, couldn't find a portal. Will probably install WordPress.

Another question - how can I edit the names of users in various groups. For instance, the Administrators name will show as RED, but I want the users name to appears as BLUE on the forums...